Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Introducing SewUpscale




[photos by Linda of SewUpscale]

Another Tuesday has rolled around which means it's time for another member profile! This week we're delighted to meet Linda of SewUpscale.


Living the Etsy Life:

How did you find Etsy?
My daughter-in-law told my about Etsy.

How long have you been selling on Etsy?
Since June 2007.

What types of items do you sell in your shop?
I specialize in landscape quilted fabric post cards. The mountains are my favorite subject. I also sell quilted wall hangings and children’s clothing.

Are there other places outside of Etsy where you sell your work?
At the present time, I only sell through Etsy. I would like to expand soon.


Creative Endeavors:

What are your favorite materials to use in your crafts?
Fabric and thread.

Where do you find your inspiration?
I find inspiration from my surroundings. I take my camera everywhere and when I see a scene that looks interesting, I take a picture. If I don’t have my camera, I make crude drawings on scraps of paper. How did you learn your craft or art? I am mostly self taught. I have taken some quilting classes.

Do you work another job in addition to Etsy?
I work full time as a Social Worker at the Department of Social Services.

Aside from your creations on Etsy, what other creative endeavors are you involved in?


Of Local Interest:

What's the best thing about living in the Asheville area?
The diversity.

If someone is visiting the area, what is the one thing that they
must see or do before they leave?

The NC Arboretum.

What's your vote for best place to eat in Asheville?
Pastabilities in west Asheville.

If you had to move away from the area, what would you miss the most about it?
The mountains and hiking, all the different trails.


Random & Fun:

What are your non-crafting hobbies?
I love to read and hike.

What was the last book you read?
I like to listen to books on CD while I’m sewing. I like any mystery books. I like the books by Janet Evanovich.

No comments: